Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Happy Birthday! Love, Mom.

I remember when he was much, much smaller.


Happy Birthday darlin' boy - You're 17 today,
And I thought I'd use this opportunity to say
Parents hope their children know how much they're truly loved
(Probably forget to say so when you've lately shoved
Your clean clothes back in the wash when cleaning up your room

But, now's not the time to speak of things that make me fume.)
I can still recall - so clearly - that night you were born;
Realized from that day on my heart was truly torn...
Two parts where there once was one (and now, of course, there's 3)
Hope that you'll take care of what you're keeping there for me.
Don't take stupid chances... Make risks you do take count.
Always know we love you an unlimited amount.
Yes, of course you'll make mistakes. You're not the only one;

All around you, evidence that people make them son.
Don't want to control your life.  We're here to help you out...
And, if you are honest, not like either of us shout.
Make the most of all your blessings. Go and seize the day.
!

Mom and Dad and Andrew love you more than we can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment