Monday, April 21, 2014

The 118th Boston Marathon




Meb Keflezighi, of San Diego, Calif., breaks the tape to win the 118th Boston Marathon Monday, April 21, 2014 in Boston
Congratulations to men's winner Meb Keflezighi of San Diego, CA


Praying Boston's Marathon is run without a hitch.
Weather's looking perfect; 'though our winters are a bitch
There is nothing prettier than Massachusetts' spring.
Still, you wouldn't catch me running. Not for anything.

Not because the terrorists have made me too afraid;
It's because I couldn't run...  Not even were I paid.
Why does someone choose to run until their feet have bled?
First to run a marathon (Pheidippides) dropped dead.

Why would runners put themselves through agony like that?
My knees hurt just thinking of it.  I'm too old and fat.
If I go I'll bring a chair and cheer as they go by
But I guarantee that's not a sport I'm gonna try.


No comments:

Post a Comment