Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Boston Red Sox - Here Come The Yankees


Over 20 years ago I met a Yankees fan
Fell in love despite that fact; got married to the man.
We are very happy with each other through the year
With just one exception, which is swiftly drawing near.

On those days when our teams meet it can get rather tense.
I try to be careful not to cause him some offense.
But, I fear, I tend to cheer when my team scores a run.
Plus, I've made a Red Sox fan out of our oldest son.

We have weathered many storms between us, he and I.
ALCS, down by 3, I almost hit the guy.
Then, thank gods, the Sox came back to sweep the final 4
I'm afraid I taunted him about the Yankees score.

He will take a lot from me despite his birth defect;
(Yankees fans are born that way - in pinstripes I suspect)
But that time I pushed too far...  I'd never seen him mad
'til that day, 2004, I realized I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment