Monday, January 05, 2015

Wallowing in Misery

Skull Silhouette with Rusty Gears Texture Isolated on White Background ...
(Artwork courtesy of/Dreamstime.com)



Holiday is over...  Seussilitis rhyming's back.
I'm a little rusty though so, please, cut me some slack.
Haven't written anything that rhymes in several weeks.
Kicked the gear inside my brain but I'm afraid it squeaks.

It's not like there isn't news for me to write about;
Overseas or here in Boston and, I have no doubt,
Congress will provide me fodder for a hundred rhymes
(Sadly, we are living in some interesting times.)

But I've got a nasty cough; I'm feverish and sick
So the part of me that cares about the news won't click.
Wallowing in misery; I'm going back to bed.
Hopefully, tomorrow, I will have a clearer head.

No comments:

Post a Comment