Thursday, December 18, 2014

Have Yourselves a Merry Christmas

keep_calm_christmas_memes.jpg?w=960


"It's comin' on Christmas; they're cuttin' down trees..."
It's next week and, am I ready for it? Honey, please.
Haven't started decorating, haven't written cards,
Haven't strung a Christmas light (unlike our neighbors's yards.)

I just bought the tree and wreath; they're both completely bare.
Haven't started shopping 'cause it's frightening out there.
I'm supposed to pick our eldest up from Plymouth State;
There's a jack-knifed tractor-trailer on the highway... Great.

You won't see much rhyming from me in the coming days,
(And I bet that you are just as busy anyways)
So, if we don't get the chance again, I'm wishing you
Very Merry Holidays and Happy New Year, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment