Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother Nature is a Bitch

I can't even imagine.

"Oklahoma, where the winds come sweeping down the plain..."
Yesterday the wind did more than sweep - it went insane.
Catastrophic, terrifying, devastating storms
(Hot air met a cold front; it's how a tornado forms);

50 twisters in 2 days, and 1 tore Moore apart.
I can't watch the pictures anymore - they break my heart.
Dazed and battered parents digging blindly, hands for tools,
Trying to uncover children buried in their schools.

One of those tornadoes would convince me not to stay.
I will take a hurricane or blizzard any day.
If I had to live there I would burrow like a gnome.
I might never get to Oz, but I'd still have a home.

Want to know how you can help (besides just thoughts and prayers?)
Something you can do to show the victims someone cares?
Red Cross has a hot line; operators at the switch,
Standing by to help when Mother Nature is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment