Monday, May 20, 2013

The 2nd Term Curse?

What can I say?  I'm a political junkie.

On the Sunday morning shows they talked about a curse;
Said that second terms, for Presidents, are always worse.
Often plagued by scandal - back as far as Jefferson -
Almost makes you think terms should be limited to one.

They could not explain the curse, and yet, it's proven true.
Here's what I don't understand; what did Obama do?
Didn't wire tap our phones nor commandeer our sons.

Didn't change the "talking points" as it was, falsely, claimed.
Guy who ran the I.R.S. was someone George Bush named.
Neither he, nor Eric Holder, hassled the A.P.
Yet, Obama's demonized throughout the G.O.P.

"Ten times worse than Watergate" and Bachmann would impeach.
This all seems political to me - an over-reach. 
Party not in power wants the other side to squirm.
Not the most auspicious way to start a second term.

No comments:

Post a Comment