Thursday, May 23, 2013

Let's Go Rangers?

(Photo/SportsWorldReport.com)
Made myself a promise but it's one I couldn't keep -
Not with Boston in New York and trying for the sweep.
Yes, I'm superstitious and I'm not the only one.
Vowed I wouldn't rhyme about the Bruins 'til they'd won.

When I rhyme about a team, it seems to me,  they lose
But, with Dr. Seussilitis, I don't get to choose...
(Fevered brain compels my hand to vomit on the page.
Maybe a dementia I'm acquiring with age.)

So I hope that Boston Bruins' fans will understand
If I give the New York Rangers team a rousing hand.
'cause, just like their manager who said his player stinks,
Anything I have to say is, probably, a jinx.

Can't ask more of Lundqvist, 'though you could ask more from Nash.
Would ask that, this time, they not give Chara's face a slash.
Let's go Rangers!  even though my wish is insincere;
There's a little part of me that wants to beat you here.

(Let's go Bruins!) 

Later...

How did this attempt to jinx the Rangers work? Don't ask.
This time, though, it's not my fault. I'm blaming Tuukka Rask.

No comments:

Post a Comment