Thursday, October 04, 2012

The Boston Red Sox - "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

Hi-res-152772014_crop_exact
Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

In the past if someone's horse was suffering - in pain -
They would get a gun and put a bullet through its brain.
These days we use lethal drugs to put a sick horse down
Or, if you're the Red Sox, you just run him out of town.

I won't add my voice to those who'd beat a horse that's dead.
Poor, old Bobby Valentine, who's hanging by a thread,
Must already know it's time to shop his resume'.
I would bet the man is gone by 5 o'clock today.

(Later...  but not much.) 

Didn't even take 'til 5 for Valentine to go.
I'm not sad to see him leaving town, although I know
He is not the only one for Red Sox fans to blame.
Wonder which new, sacrificial lamb the team will name?

No comments:

Post a Comment