Friday, October 26, 2012

The New England Patriots - Across the Pond


Wembley Stadium in London plays host to football on Sunday... The kind with the ball that has pointy ends and where the players don't use their feet
The New England Patriots have flown across the pond,
And I'm worried for this team (of which I'm rather fond).
They have not played very well against the NFC;
Struggling this season, with their record 4 and 3.

They've left me exhausted. There's no way I can relax
Knowing that our Safeties and Defensive Cornerbacks
Always seem to let opposing teams exploit a flaw;
Hitting their Receivers deep...  I really miss Ty Law.

So, in foggy London town, we'll play St. Louis' Rams -
And, with both Hernandez and the Gronk on injured gams,
Hope we'll stick to "dink and dunk" and get the ball to Wes.
If you don't have Randy Moss you need to throw deep less.

When, at last, the whistle blows and there's a final score
That's when I will trust a lead we have, though not before.
Hope that London's fans enjoy the game but, as for me,
Wish I felt more certain of New England's victory.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not at all into sports. But I still enjoyed your verse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeleine... Politics was beginning to depress me.

      Delete