Wednesday, March 06, 2013

In Memoriam - Hugo Chavez (1954 - 2013)


Hugo Chavez died and Venezuela's blaming us.
Their new, acting-President is kicking up a fuss;
Said we gave him cancer - that we wanted him to die...
'though he was theatrical, I kinda liked the guy.

I'm in Massachusetts where we call on Joe-4-Oil.
Hugo Chavez, with the help of Venezuelan's toil,
Sent the people here (who can't afford to pay for gas)
Oil for free - which tells me he's not such a horse's ass.

Sadly, he has left his nation with a growing mess.
Government of 1 won't work when you're that person less.
Cult of personality is not the way to rule...
One thing I will say for him; he was nobody's tool.

'though I did not like the leaders he considered friends
I cannot forget the oil supplies he always sends.
Nothing's ever black or white, but every shade of gray.
So, for Venezuela's Hugo Chavez, let us pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment