Monday, April 13, 2015

Sincere Apologies to NaPoWriMo-2015 Participants

Thursday, July 05, 2007
Photo/Courtesy of www.fitbodyfifty.com

I was so enthusiastic when the month began;
"30 poems, 30 days?" I thought, "Of course I can."
I'd already done it twice before and it was fun,
Loved the feeling of accomplishment when I was done.

Registered my blog on-line...  The next day I got sick,
Thus I fell behind on my commitment pretty quick.
I tried writing 2 a day in hopes of catching up.
Is the challenge harder than I had remembered? Yup.

I salute the many poets who are still on track
(Thanks to those who "Followed" me...  I  tried to"Follow" back.)
But, I think it's only fair that I should let them know;
Will I be amongst the people still competing? No.

I am now so far behind that there is not a prayer
I will reach the goal I set and so it's only fair
That I warn real poets, I'm withdrawing...  I'm a jerk.
30 poems, 30 days is simply too much work.

I believe I'll stick to silly rhymes 5 days a week
Lest the rusty gears inside my head begin to squeak.
I don't want to work that hard - unless they offered pay.
Best of luck to those of you still writing once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment