Monday, April 06, 2015

Alternative Cure

29 August, 2014 in Funny , Images | Comment
 This month I signed up to write a poem every day...  Less than one week in and I've already gone astray.



Years ago (still not sure how) I caught the rhyming bug;
A disease at which the CDC's inclined to shrug.
What's the problem, they have asked, with people spouting rhymes?
Victims are annoying but their rantings aren't crimes.

No one's working on a cure for Seussilitis yet
But, if symptoms grow severe, the fellas with the net
Come to take the sufferer somewhere that they can rest,
Quarantined from normal people - which is for the best.

Happily, I think I've found a much less drastic cure.
It has worked for me the past few days, and that's for sure;
Get so sick with something else 'til all that you can do
Is to sit and wallow in the misery of your flu.


No comments:

Post a Comment