Friday, October 10, 2014

Happy 17th Birthday Darlin'


Happy Birthday darlin' boy...  Today you're 17
And, although you cannot seem to keep your bedroom clean;
'though you turn the "music" up when listening to rap
(Trust your mother darlin' - that's not music...  That is crap.)

Even though I don't approve of one kid in your group,
'though you do not walk your dog enough (or clean up poop)
You have always been a gift I've given to myself.
Who cares if you've never learned to put things on a shelf?

It's not just your height that puts you far above the crowd,
It's the little things you do that make your parents proud.
Thoughtful, kind, and funny - you are sensitive and smart -
And your mother loves you from the bottom of her heart.


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree your boy is a prize. Your rhyme to him brought tears to my eyes. Your whole family agrees with your praise of your son. he is sweet, kind and loving, and a whole lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete