Monday, October 21, 2013

The Boston Red Sox - Get Beard? Check.


I've decided not to dwell on yesterday's defeat;
Not to focus on the fact the Patriots got beat;
Not to think about the pain of losing to the Jets...
Even though a loss to them's as painful as it gets.

I prefer to think about my Red Sox team, instead
Who, despite predictions early on, went out and led
First throughout the season; now they've won the A.L., too.
Back to the World Series with a sense of déjà vu.

Was it just 9 years ago our string of rotten luck -
Truths of our existence; winter, taxes, Sox would suck -
Ended with St. Louis? Hope this outcome is the same.
Cross your fingers though, 'cause Lady Luck's a fickle dame.

I have made myself a beard which I intend to wear.
Trying to appease the gods, we fans must do our share.
Too bad if the country thinks we're superstitious jerks;
Evidence is indicating that this beard thing works.


No comments:

Post a Comment