Monday, June 10, 2013

The 1st Commandment - Thou Shalt Not Taunt

The Ancient Greeks knew about the sports gods. (Photo/FactsandDetails.com)
 
Lately, Boston sports fans are more fortunate than most.
I'd thank God and Jesus and, of course, the Holy Ghost
If I thought they'd intervened, but I don't think they did.
They've got more important things to occupy them, kid.

That is not to say I don't believe in lesser gods
(Even though that classifies me with the ditzy broads.)
Hovering above the ice; they're, mostly, near the net.
Laughing up their togas at the phrase "It's a sure bet!"

Sports gods are the reason hockey pucks bang off the post.
If a sports fan angers them, their favorite team is toast.
Sports gods don't like taunting or predictions that you'll win,
Therefore, I'm determined to avoid committing sin.

I'm allowed to say the Boston Red Sox have been great
Just as long as I don't tease my Yankees' loving mate.
Sports gods will not mind it if I wish the Bruins luck,
I'm just not supposed to say Chicago's Blackhawks suck.
 So, I'll mind my Ps and Qs in tribute to the s.
When I pray for victories I will remember "Please." 
Just in case I'm right and lesser sports gods do exist
Thank you for our blessings; far too numerous to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment