Friday, June 07, 2013

They CAN Hear You Now

Yes... Yes they can.


NSA can hear you now; they're monitoring phones.
(I'd thought they would be too busy operating drones.)
If you have Verizon they're aware of who you call.
I bet we'll discover that they're checking on us all.

Carriers can't tell us; it would violate the law.
'though it's meant to keep us safe it's sticking in my craw.
They're collecting "meta-data": who is calling who,
Where we are, how long we talk.  They're searching for a clue.

NSA can also find us on the internet.
Any fact they want to know about us they can get...
So much information, Libertarians are tense.
As for me, I wonder if the data's making sense.

While we trample 4th Amendment rights, I have to ask
Doesn't all this information complicate the task?
Don't they need to focus and not cast their net so wide?
I would love an answer but that, too, is classified.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dear Madeleine, there's not a doubt
      That PRISM has got me creeped out.
      George Orwell's nightmare
      Was less than half there
      And that's just what we know about.

      Thank you for the compliment, though. :D

      Delete