Monday, November 04, 2013

We'll Overlook It This Time.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/194x7kcfhn7onjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
(Photo/Courtesy of Gawker.com)


Saw a recent article that took me by surprise.
When I read the title I could not believe my eyes.
It was called "F@&% Boston" and, if you click on this link,
Comments show that sentiment's more common than you'd think.

Vitriol and anger were directed at my state.
People made a list of things about us that they hate.
Number 1, it seemed to me, is that we - mostly - win
And, it's true, that Boston fans have ample cause to grin.

We parade in duck boats through the streets so often now
We've incited jealousy from other states...  And how!
We have got it even worse than Yankees' fans have had;
All four major sports-teams and not one of ours is bad.

Red Sox are World Champions; the Patriots just won
And, although I know that hockey season's just begun,
Boston's Bruins also look like they'll be doing well
Giving those who hate our city one more reason...  Swell.

Basketball might save us; let Miami take the heat.
Still, another Super Bowl for Brady would be sweet.
From our vantage in this "shining city on a hill"

No comments:

Post a Comment