Thursday, March 01, 2018

Arming Sister Margaret!


If the GOP agrees to sticking out their necks:
Call for comprehensive, universal background checks,
Give police authority to take somebody's gun,
Raise the legal age to purchase them to 21,

I think we should let the teachers in a school decide
If they want to have a loaded pistol by their side...
If they did - and if they're trained on how to use their guns -
I'm prepared to compromise and let them arm the nuns.

(Sister Margaret was armed... She had her rosary.
She'd begin to swing those beads when she was mad at me.
With that heavy, metal cross that dangled from the end
She was not a woman you would argue with, my friend.)

'though, not everyone is Sister Margaret - Thank God! -
My sons had two State cops coach their Varsity Wrestling squad;
I'd trust guys like them with guns if they brought them to school.
I would make that bargain any day...  I'm not a fool.

If the President's sincere and starts to back away
From positions long supported by the NRA
I think that he'd see his polls dramatically increase.
He would have my full support...  Will wonders never cease?

No comments:

Post a Comment