Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Happy 80th Birthday Mom!

Laurel Corr's Profile Photo, Image may contain: 1 person
(Can you believe this woman is 80?)

My mom is extraordinary. Don't take it from me;
Anyone who's ever met my mother would agree.
She raised six kids on her own.  She's always in the loop.
She holds us together and we're still a tight-knit group.

Mom is a retired nurse. I'm told that she was great.
It was her vocation and, although she started late,
All her patients loved her because she would start to sing
Anytime a phrase reminded her of anything. 

She is warm and nurturing; a "Mom" to many strays...
Strangers she would welcome to our home on holidays.
It's a compliment when someone says I have her face.
(She was once a beauty queen who finished 2nd place.)

And my mom's still beautiful, although she's 80 now.
When we went to school together, I remember how
Handsome, younger men would flirt with her - 'cause she was fun...
Never mind the fact they weren't much older than her son.

My mom is a lady though; she oozes upper class.
Always gracious - even dealing with a horse's ass.
Calm in any crisis.  I am always filled with pride
When I have this stylish woman walking by my side.

She's been slowing down of late, but I still can't keep up.
Do her loved ones know we're lucky that we've got her? Yup!
Happy Birthday Mom!  May you have many, many more:
Healthy, happy, knowing you're the one we all adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment