Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Thank You National Grid, et al.

 Image may contain: one or more people

Massachusetts just survived a pretty tough two weeks;
Three Nor'easters blew through here, as Mother Nature sneaks
One last blast of winter in - with two more feet of snow
Covering the broken trees that fell six days ago.

 'though there is a lot of shoveling I must complete,
Once I'm done I get to come inside to lights and heat
'cause we got our power back before this latest storm
And we made it through unscathed... I hear we're not the norm.

Lots of people on the Cape are sitting in the dark
As the temperatures descend below the freezing mark.
Thank you to the power crews who came from out of town,
Hard at work replacing all the lines these storms brought down.

I know we'll all get through this because we always do...
Blizzards in New England in the Spring are nothing new.
Doesn't mean we have to like it though - unless you ski -
Most of us are sick of winter here... Including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment