Monday, October 23, 2017

#Me3


I have yet to meet another woman who has not
Had unwanted comments made on "attributes" she's got:
Eyes or lips or legs or hips or thighs or "tits and ass..."
Some just clumsy "compliments" but, most - completely crass.

Women hear "The Law of the Hereafter" on a date;
"If you're not here after what I'm after," he will state
"You will be here after I have left... Without a ride."
(It's why I stopped wearing heels and gained a rapid stride.)

6 to 60, crippled, crazy... Any given night
Women have to block advances they did not invite.
So, the Me Too hashtag didn't come as a surprise,
Not to women but, apparently, to many guys.

I suppose it's possible that men were unaware...
I guess that I'd always just assumed they didn't care,
Not unless the woman was their daughter or their wife.
I thought some misogyny was just a fact of life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment