Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A Chelmsford Autumn

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water
(Photos by Jeanne Malouin)

I don't mean to brag about it, but it would be hard
To find better Autumn colors than what's in my yard
Here in Massachusetts, in my quaint New England town.
Hopefully, the rain and wind won't blow all these leaves down.

Pines have shed their needles while the oaks are - mostly - green,
Adding depth and contrast to the view through my porch screen.
Red and orange sugar maples, almost at their peak...
Layers of colors that I'll be enjoying for a week.

Since October's been so warm the colors came on late.
We're about two weeks behind what's normal for the state.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you... Any time at all
Is the perfect time to see this glorious a Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment