Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Dear Congress... Spare Us

 Image result for sarah huckabee sanders

Spare me the condolences and useless thoughts and prayers,
Lowered flags and silent moments...  No one really cares.
I'm so sick and tired of the empty gestures when
Nothing ever changes...  And it's happening again.

"Now is not the time to talk about it," Sanders said.
We should "come together" for the wounded and the dead.
Background checks and gun control would not have stopped this crime,
Therefore, we should just do nothing, like we did last time...

And the time before that and the all too many more
When they've offered thoughts and prayers in speeches from the floor.
Lowered flags?  I'm sure that - this time - that'll do the trick.
I think I might go and vomit now...  I'm feeling sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment