Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dear Sports Gods; Definitely Not Gloating!

 Image result for red sox sports gods meme

I am being very careful as regards my Sox
Because I am superstitious, which my husband mocks.
He does not believe in sports gods; said they're just a joke.
I bet that his Yankees wish he'd thought before he spoke.

Red Sox are so far in front of other baseball teams
They've exceeded even Fenway Faithful's wildest dreams...
But, I'm trying not to gloat before the play-offs start
Knowing that it risks the sports gods breaking Boston's heart.

Go ahead and laugh it up! Feel free to talk some trash...
Don't believe me! Then, when all your sports dreams turn to ash,
I won't say I told you so (that makes the sports gods mad)
But I will be thinking it...  And gloating, just a tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment