Monday, July 02, 2018

Choosing Sides in the Culture War

 Image result for team trump meme

I am almost 60 now, but I have never seen
Anything like this before; the differences between
Those who like the way that Donald Trump has done his job
And the folks, like me, who look at him and want to sob.

'though I've tried, I cannot understand the people who
Still believe the president says anything that's true.
Any time his lips are moving or he's typing tweets
He lies (or insults the global leaders whom he meets.)

I find that disqualifying; Trump supporters cheer.
Think "elites" are only weeping in our craft-brewed beer.
Claiming "incivility" when someone argues back,
Screaming there's a "culture war" and they're under attack.

I can't see how they feel threatened; aren't they the ones
Who hold all the power now (and almost all the guns)?
I can't wrap my head around it, though I've really tried...
Last time that I thought too hard about it all, I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment