Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Pretty Lies

 Image result for clothes size meme

I just bought new clothes... They're in a size I haven't worn
Since the days of long ago; before our sons were born.
It's the size I wore before I dated Mr. S.
Clothing sizes changed a lot in 30 years, I guess.

Please don't get me wrong!  I must admit, it was a thrill
When the zipper on the khakis zipped... But, even still!
This is not the body that I had when this size fit
Even if you factor in the saggy, aging bit.

Clothing manufacturers tell us a fairy tale
Easily disproven by the household's bathroom scale.
30 years ago, this size would not get past these hips.
('though that fact may not prevent some future shopping trips.)

Which, of course, is why they do it - tell us pretty lies.
It's more fun to purchase clothing in a smaller size.
But, I'll bet you anything, if I had vintage pants
In this size, the zipper on them wouldn't stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment