Thursday, February 08, 2018

PyeongChang 2018

Image result for olympics 2018

Mr. S. can hardly wait until tomorrow night;
He loves the Olympics and has threatened that he might
DVR the whole darn thing and watch it night and day.
Doesn't want to miss a second of the Games they'll play.

After years of living with him, I no longer grouse
Even though the Winter Games, which so enchant my spouse,
Strike me as insanity...  A bunch of crazy kids
Hurtling down mountainsides on greased and fragile skids.

I feel for their mothers, holding their collective breath,
Fearing their beloved off-spring might be courting death
Flipping, flying, floating, freezing out there in the cold
Pushing past their limits in a quest to win the Gold.

I hope all the athletes who participate have fun;
Just the fact they're all in South Korea means they've won.
I'll be watching - cheering - warm and safely in my chair,
Wishing all the best of luck to everyone who's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment