Monday, June 26, 2017

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Political Scientists


I've got Poli Sci degrees (for all the good they do -
Not a field of study I would recommend to you...
There's not any money in it. Not a lot of jobs
Pondering the voting habits of the angry mobs.)

But, for all my "expertise" I'm simply at a loss,
Can't explain how Donald Trump remains the nation's boss.
Yes, I know the Russians meddled... That's not an excuse.
It's the GOP that's claimed this crazy, golden goose.

Clutching tightly while ignoring all the angry tweets,
Willing to embrace the loony just to grab the treats.
All the golden goodies they've been hoping for for years:
Tax cuts, slashing regulations for their wealthy peers.

That's the kind of politics I learned about in school
But, back then, I never dreamed Republicans could fool
Voters into acting against their best interests
And, had I predicted it, I would have flunked my tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment