Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Another Prayer to the Sports Gods


I still can't believe New England traded Jimmy G.
What will happen if there's - gods forbid! - an injury
To the GOAT, Tom Brady, and it's worse than just a bruise?
I can tell you what will happen then... We're gonna lose.

I'm aware Garoppolo would like a chance to play
As the starting quarterback before he's old and gray.
At the rate that Brady's going, that won't happen here...
Still, I wish the Patriots had waited 'til next year.

I know Belichick's a genius...  Yes, in Bill I trust.
But, it's still a lot to ask some new guy to adjust
To the Pats, where he'd require more than just an arm...
Please dear sports gods, hear my prayer and shelter Tom from harm.

(Not that I am not already praying for the team
But the sports gods haven't listened to me, it would seem,
With so many crucial players on the injured list.)
Still... Good luck Garoppolo! I hope you won't be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment