Monday, October 26, 2015

Not Taunting... Gloating

Embedded image permalink
(Courtesy of Only In Boston)

P-A-T-S... Pats, Pats, Pats just won against the Jets;
Game was very close (New England didn't cover bets.)
But, despite a fifth of all his passes being dropped,
Brady's proved he's on a mission and will not be stopped.

I won't use the "U" word that's been bandied here-abouts,
I know - in regards to sports gods - people have their doubts
But I, still, remain convinced the sports gods DO exist
And that cockiness is on their Thou Shalt Not Do list.

I'll just count my blessings, with Tom Brady being first.
Thank them for Bill Belichick and pray I haven't cursed
Us before the Dolphins game we're playing Thursday night...
Careful not to boast or make predictions as I write.

Go ahead and call me superstitious if you want
But prior experience has taught me not to taunt.
Still, the sports gods can't begrudge Pats' fans the right to gloat;
Even they must recognize Tom Brady is the GOAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment